2022 DOGFISH HEAD IPA RIDE 4/2/2022
Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
6 Cannery Village Center, Milton, DE 19968
2022 Registration will open on Bikereg in February
More information to come!
DOGFISH HEAD CRAFT BREWERY AND VELO AMIS PRESENT:
The third annual Dogfish Head I.P.A. (I Pedal A-lot)!
About the Ride:
Where: This scenic ride begins and ends at Dogfish Head Craft Brewery, and travels throughout Sussex County, Delaware.
What: This scenic ride begins and ends at Dogfish Head Craft Brewery, and travels throughout Sussex County, Delaware. The routes are mostly flat and almost entirely on rural roads and bike paths. Final Cue Sheets and GPS files /Maps will be emailed to riders within 24 hours following the close of online registration. Distances are approximately 50 KM and 100 KM. Please be advised that route changes may be made depending on DelDot requirements or local road conditions.
Why: This year, know that whatever route you ride, you'll be supporting the Sussex County Land Trust efforts to create a Trailhead on the Lewes-Georgetown Bike Path.
Distances: Approximately 50 KM and 100 KM. Please note: routes are subject to change. Routes are not considered final until they are sent out to pre-registered cyclists following the close of pre-registration.
Route Amenities & Map/GPS Files: Aid stations will be well-stocked. The route will be well-marked, however, you are ultimately responsible, so please download maps and cue sheets and gps files (will be sent to registered riders once online registration closes). We will NOT have Cue Sheet for you at the event, please print your own or download the PDF file of the cue sheet and save paper. The event director may alter the proposed routes due to acts of nature, road closures, and/or DelDot recommendations.
Remember, this is not a race. Enjoy a ride taking in the history and culture of southern Delaware with your friends, family, and perhaps new friends you meet along the way. We are riding on routes / bike paths that have many other users.
Event Start Time:
Each route has its own registration and start time. Please arrive accordingly as we have permits, staff and volunteers based on cyclists riding at the appropriate time.
100 KM - Registration Opens at 8 am, Ride Departs at 9 am
50 KM - Registration Opens at 9 am, Ride Departs at 10 am
Rules & Guidelines:
- Unfortunately we are not able to allow “children’s bike trailers” for the ride. We feel that this ride is not appropriate for children in trailers. On the other hand, if you are riding with your child on a pull behind bike where the child is pedaling (similar to a tandem bicycle) this is allowed. We appreciate your understanding. Note that your child will need to be registered (small fee to cover insurance). Contact us to register a child on a trailer bike.
- Do not bring outside alcohol to the brewery.
- Follow the rules of the road. Routes will be open to traffic. Please, NO headphones. You will ride on many bike paths so please ride single file and be courteous to other users. We want to be invited back, so please be good stewards!
- Ride is limited to 1000 riders
- Sorry, no refunds. Please see Route Change & Transfer Information below to see your options.
- Early bird pricing: $75
- Regular Price $100
- Day of Registration *if available* will be $125.
Route Change & Transfer Information:
- Sorry, no refunds will be available.
- Transfers between cyclists are allowed via BikeReg and can be done by the registered cyclist for a $5 fee until pre-registration closes
- Transfers between route distances are allowed at no charge and can be done by the registered cyclist until pre-registration closes
*Volunteers contact Velo Amis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on volunteering opportunities.
Thanks from the Dogfish Head & Velo Amis Team!
Are you interested in sponsoring the event in some way? Please contact Velo Amis via email at email@example.com.
2022 Routes Draft Versions - Not for download - Coming Soon
50 KM Route Coming Soon
100 KM Route Coming Soon